WILL YOU CONSIDER BECOMING A FOSTER GRANDPARENT?
Foster Grandparents volunteer their time to enhance the quality of life of children in non-profit preschools in our area, as well as in area elementary schools. We have been serving in Toledo since 1975 and are sponsored by Senior Centers, Inc. located at 2308 Jefferson Avenue.
As a volunteer, you may help preschool children learn colors and shapes and develop fine and gross motor skills. You could also tutor older children in reading and other subjects in elementary school. These activities are done under the supervision of classroom teachers, so you can feel comfortable in knowing that, even if you have never worked with children professionally, if you have time and love to share, this could be a fulfilling volunteer opportunity for you!
To become a Foster Grandparent:
- You need to be 55 years of age or older
- You will complete a background check (paid for by us)
- You will be asked for a statement from your doctor stating that you are able to serve
- You will participate in a three-day training and orientation
- You must meet certain income guidelines (as you will receive a stipend supplied through a federal grant – by the way, this income will not, by federal law, affect any benefits you may be receiving)
If you would like to join our wonderful group of loving older citizens, please call our director, Marianne Tylicki, at Senior Centers, Inc., 419-244-9511 or email@example.com.