A COVID-19 vaccine is a safe and effective way to prevent you from getting COVID-19 and is an important tool to help stop the pandemic. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), getting a COVID-19 vaccine has many benefits, including:
- Wearing masks and social distancing help reduce your chance of getting the virus or spreading it to others, but they are not enough. A vaccine is an added layer of protection that will work with your immune system to fight the virus if you are exposed.
- All vaccines currently available in the United States have been shown to be highly effective at preventing COVID-19.
- All vaccines that are still be developed will undergo careful testing and will only be made available if they are shown to make you less likely to get COVID-19.
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine may help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
- Getting vaccinated also protects those around you, including individuals at higher risk for getting very sick from the disease
More information can be found here: https://aging.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/aging/care-and-living/coronavirus-response/covid-19-vaccine-information-for-older-adults