This is why the Ohio Department of Aging created the Staying Connected Check-in Service. The Staying Connected service provides a FREE, daily check-in by phone for Ohioans age 60 or older. This service provides comfort and can connect you with aging network information and support. It’s easy to get started.
Check-in calls will be made from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. You choose the time that suits you. You can place a hold on these calls at any time.
Who can participate?
Ohio residents 60 years of age or older who:
- Have a valid phone number (mobile or landline).
- Provide an alternate contact (preferred but not required).
How it works
We will make three attempts to contact you. When you respond, you have these options:
- Confirm you are OK.
- Transfer to learn more about aging services in your area.
- Connect for a friendly chat.
If you do not answer after three attempts, we:
- Reach out to your alternate contact, if one is provided.
- Place a live call to you and your alternate, if previous contacts fail.
- Notify local non-emergency services (e.g., sheriff’s office) if live call fails to connect.*
* This is not an emergency service. If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Sign up online or call 1-833-ODA-CHAT (1-833-632-2428) for help signing up.